Have Questions Regarding Treatment, Directions to our Office, or Insurance?
Your first visit to Chilcutt & Steuterman, DDS involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You’ll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
- Do you offer financing?
- We offer Care Credit as a form of financing. This allows patients to make interest free payments over the course of 12 months.
- Can I drive home after sedation?
- Nitrous Oxide is an inhaled gas that we use for anxiety control. This can be reversed with 10-15 minutes of oxygen and a patient can drive or go back to work.
- Halcion is a benzodiazepine medication that is used orally with patient’s that have greater than normal anxiety. This medication can affect a person’s motor skills and judgment for up to 12 hours following a procedure. If Halcion is being used a patient must have a driver with them and should plan on staying at home for the rest of the day following the procedure.
- Will the shot hurt?
- At Chilcutt and Steuterman our main focus is on pain and anxiety management. We use multiple methods to reduce patient discomfort including anxiety control methods of Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) and in more severe cases an oral medication called Halcion. In addition, we buffer our anesthetic with Sodium Bicarbonate, which makes it more compatible with your body’s pH helping to reduce the initial sting of an injection. We also always place a topical anesthetic on the future injection site, which also helps to reduce discomfort to the patient. Finally, for patient peace of mind we complete a nerve test on every tooth before we begin working on it in order to ensure full onset of our anesthetic.
- Is your building handicap accessible?
- Our building is fully handicap accessible. There are automatic doors at the front of the building and ramps in the parking lot leading to the building. Two elevators are available to bring patients to the third floor and handicap restrooms are available. We have an experienced staff that is proficient in transferring patients from wheelchairs to our treatment chairs. We also can provide a wheel chair if needed while being treated at our practice.
Download Patient Forms
- Delta Dental PPO
- United Healthcare PPO
- MetLife PPO
- Guardian PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Advantica PPO
- Principal PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Anthem PPO
- Connection Dental GEHA
If we do not currently accept your insurance carrier, please contact Donna at 314-569-3660 to discuss what options including adding your provider or what financing options may be available.